Thursday, June 21, 2007

Pet Peeves

OK .....So Yeah long time...ummm...may be not....still abiding by the base rule of 1 post a month....Been busy and stuff....Don't ask...I know not enough....but then again....am a lazy bum....or may it's just my not-going-anywhere-Research taking my time....or okok....No more excuses....

So here goes. We have seen it, we have heard about it, we feel it every time, everyone has a list of their own.Yes, I am talking about Pet Peeves...

Am I already talking like a TV Host.

For those non-worldly souls who don't know what I am talking about lemme Wiki it for you.

Wikipedia :: A pet peeve (or pet hate) is a minor annoyance that can instill extreme frustration in an individual. Typically each person has several pet peeves that aggravate her or him more than the average person. Another person may not react as negatively or at all to the same circumstance.

So well don't judge me on my Pet peeves. But I don't know I have a feeling that people will find mine pretty convincing knowing the normal person I am ;;)

So what are the common pet peeves we have. Like someone leaving a shopping cart in middle of an aisle,People using expressions like "Forget it " and "Whatever" too often. Sometimes pet peeves are more of something you like to happen than being a Pet peeve but then again I am going besides the point now.People using the word whatever often and again don't take it against me. I like when you say it (sometimes)..

So again...what are your Pet Peeves...Think think...Socho socho....

So here goes my list of Pet-Peeves. I mean I am pretty sure I will miss out a lot here. But what the heck we can always keep commenting and increasing the size.

1) Relatives(This is an Indian thing)- (When you are coming to US).Oh you are going to US. My Sister's son also lives there. (He forgets to mention...just 4000 Miles away).Why don't you take his number. May be you two can meet.You are new there na. I have told him to look after you. Yeah Right .Sure. !!

2) Mobile ringing in class. OK it has happened with me .Am I even allowed to write it in here. ; ??.okay Mobile ringing in movie theatres. Never happened to me and on that note. The loud shouting crying kids in halls. I mean I like kids. But Parents.... Where are thou ??

3) No Bollywood Movie Theatre in Pittsburgh. Mummmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

4) Advertisments in between shows.

5) "Arre Beta tum toh kuch kha hi nahin rahe. Ek aur Parantha. Patla waala. Sharmao mat . Apna hi ghar samjho. (Aur pet kiska samjhoon ??)"

6) People with sudden mood swings. Like Really really Sudden. This is a recent one.

7) Indian Cricket Team .Yes, It's Pet Peeve now.Cm'on Ganguly it's time to take the shirt off once again. It's Lords time again.

8) People(collegaue) following you around trying to find inconsequential errors in your work,presentation.etc.

9) Anyone and everyone saying.."India cannot progress. There's just too much population, too much poverty, too much corruption. Iska kuch nahin ho sakta...Yahaan kuch nahin hoga" .Yeah and WTF r u doing abt it. ??. MF's. Seriously.

10) "Bas pahunch gaya yaar. dus minutes and I m there". Forty Minutes later. " Kya hua yaar . I am just 10 minutes late". DUH !!.

11) When you don't have anything more to say."Aur bata". !!!- "What else". "So....". Say sth please. I am waiting to hear some Gossip. Hello ??????

12) No food in the house and no enthu to make one. Let's have Maggi again.

13) Having an External Hard disk and still no backup and then Crying.

14) Procrastination. I am seriously a Legend.

15) 8:30 Morning Meetings. Oh Gosh how did I forget this. This is on top of the List. Specially the Monday morning ones. I have four of them in a week. Yeah yeah Sympathize.!!!!

16) Indian Relatives again. This is usually directed at my Parents with an indirect reference to me. "Ladke ki Shaadi kab kara rahe ho. Ab toh US returned ho jayega. dekh lo Koi Gori na chak ke le aaye ". Helllo ??. Gori ???.Puhleeeezzzzzzzz.

17) Girls with too much make up. !!!. I rather not say anymore on this issue. I don't wanna offend any of em. :P

18) Hypocrisy. I think this is a common one.

19) Absence of a decent Coffee machine at work place. In my case my Department. Is anyone hearing this. ??

20) People entering their Car in my lane exactly when I am about to change my direction. Take a driving lesson again you moron. Someone just reminded me of this somedays back.

21) Gujrati women hawking "I m a sex machine" T-shirts in New jersey.

22) Desis trying to belittle other desis working i motels,driving taxis, at retails stores. Get somewhere guys and let people live their own life.

23) Music that begins when you click on a particular website and you can’t turn it off.

24) Invalid search results from Google.

25) The last cm of lead in a clutch pencil — its seems long enough to throw away, yet just short enough to not click out any farther.

26) The bling bling truck arriving at my apartment gate at 8 AM whose reverse beeps are so similar to my Alarm clock that I get confused.

27) College Peeves ::When someone says that the class is easy and you get a "B". It's statistical Mechanics for God's sake and its Prof. Blue who is taking it. 6 Unit classes which are more work than a 9 unit one. Asking off reference questions in class.(I am remembering my Kinetics class now).

28) Facebook pictures with Aviator Sunglasses. That's me. !!!. Why is this even in this list I don't know.

29) Long Blog posts.hehe

30)Another Last one is comin to my mind. But I rather not say it here

Why am I anyway even writing this post today. Well I am irritated. Simple.....No not that simple. Forget it ;))

This is a very random post...I know but my blog(rather me) was sick of serious posts plus I had to write something naa... I mean it's 2:20 AM when I started, its 3:30 AM when I am ending it and I have an 8:00 AM meeting. Like what ??

You know what ....What ever !!! ;;;)

4 comments:

Nikhil said...

30 Pet Peeves!!! Dude, u reall need to do some soul searching :) Jus' Kidding... very nicely put... made me think about my own - can tell u of one: watching albums on facebook where jokers try to act like models! Keep writing! And since that's all I have to say, i'll wrap it up with... "Aur Batao..." :)

Sarthak said...

Haha....AK mite read this. My blog is becoming famous u know ;)) and he'll have to think the diff btw joker and a model..hahahaha

Deebu said...

"Gujrati women hawking "I m a sex machine" T-shirts in New jersey" - i really gotta see that one man - i really do ;) ne examples at CMU :)

Sarthak said...

Well I better not name anyone....u know ...:P